Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh, blog.

Why is it so hard to keep up with a blog? Maybe it's because I spend so much time working on my computer that I don't want to spend the time 'playing' on it. That's so false, I'm constantly wasting time on the internet. Who knows. In any case, that situation is about to change. My tired, overworked computer is going to get a little break, because my thesis, and thus master's program, is just about done, and soon I will be looking at real live books and maybe even people for the next little while.

It's April 28, 2008, and I am moving in about three weeks. I'm having a ball throwing out all the random crap I've collected over the years, and dropping a lot of my baggage. I'm selling all my furniture and as much other stuff as I can. Including my rollerblades. Big deal, I know, but I think it's time I upgraded to the more mature vehicle, the bicycle.

When I get to Vancouver, I plan on living the artist's life for a little while. Well, sort of. I'm going to waitress or something for the first couple of months while I get settled, get a regular volunteer job in the radio, find myself a dance class and troupe, and look into other ways to perform more--like maybe even some community theatre. I'll consider getting a 'real job' in the fall, depending on how I'm feeling and how much money I have. I will also then reconsider plans for a future PHD, if I'm ready to think about it, which I may not be. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you an actress?

Anonymous said...

why you are moving?